Event: Ignite Seattle

I am often amazed about the courage these people have to stand up in front of a large crowd and talk about their passion.

As a newcomer to the metro area, I am fortunate for having stumbled upon the Town Hall venue and this particular event. Imagine watching 15 speakers, allotted 20 slides that automatically advance every 15 seconds for a total of 5 minutes speaking time, talk about a subject, business idea, traumatic experience, life experience, or why no one should eat cheese. What I liked about it was that the speakers were able to succinctly do their storytelling in an engaging way (through slides) that made us (the audience) care about their story.


As for myself, do I have a passion I could talk to a crowd about, and would it be inspirational to others? I have no idea. I've always thought that my life and work passions could intermingle; though I'm not sure if I can separate the idea of a hobby from a passion from a side project. I have few of the first, an undecided part on passion, and many side projects.

One of the speakers' advice was: don't think, just do

Save the date: May 16, that's the next Ignite Seattle at Town Hall (8th & Seneca)